Welcome to another week of the ECD Pick'em blog. It was a solid weekend of college lacrosse and we are here to break it all down! Let's take a look at the top 3 headlines:
- The biggest game of the weekend was Cuse vs UVA in the dome. The first half lived up to it's billing but the second half was a runaway by Cuse and it ended 20-10 in favor of the orange.
- Georgetown's defense has been rock solid and has only allowed two goals through two games. That is mind blowing. It will be interesting to see if they can keep this up further into the year.
- The final headline is Ryan Tierney. He has been tearing it up for Hofstra and has two 11 point games already this season. If that was not enough he shot 8 for 11 over the weekend and some of the plays were just insane.
If you want to check your standings the leaderboard is below. Through the season I have picked 39 correct and our leader is Ayden Turner with 46 picks. Considering there are tons of games every weekend I think I have a chance to climb the ranks. But my picks history is against me.
Now lets take a look at what this week has in store for us.
- UVA vs High Point - we get this game on Wednesday and I love midweek lacrosse. It will be broadcast live on the ACC Network. High Point is playing a grinder of an ACC schedule and just got beat up pretty good against UNC in the rematch. I think High Point has what it takes to compete with any top team but I'll be picking UVA coming off the Cuse loss in this game.
- Maryland vs Hopkins - this is a bizarre matchup to have in March but this year is anything but standard. Generally this is the last regular season game for both teams but this year they will actually play twice, which is great news for lacrosse fans. I'll be picking Maryland in this game who's offense looks lethal.
- Penn State vs Ohio State - both of these teams are coming off of losses against BIG10 opponents and could use a win. The Penn State offense looked uninspired without Ament at the helm. For Ohio State they looked strong in the season opener vs Hopkins but got steam rolled by Rutgers over the weekend. I'll take Penn State here.